The generic name for liquid propane, a by-product of natural gas processing and petroleum refining is Liquefied petroleum gas (LPG).
Has your car been converted to LP GAS yet? Robs’ Automotive can make your conversion process as simple as getting a service. We can have your vehicle running on clean green LPG within one to two days.
Unlike many other workshops, we put you first. To perform a LPG conversion, naturally we need your car, which may mean you need another vehicle in the meantime. We offer Loan cars on request for a small fee (bookings essential) or a pick up and drop off service within the local area only.
BENEFITS of LPG
- Reduced fuel costs
- Government rebate applies
- Over 25 years experience
- Expert service and advice
- Technically advanced systems
- Reduced green house gasses
- Excellent performance and driveability
- Leading system warranty (up to 3 years or 100,000km)
- A vehicle with improved resale value
- Regulated to Australian Standards
As an accredited installer, we will first carry out an assessment of your vehicle to select the correct LPG system for you. We will discuss with you what LPG capacity your vehicle will have and your preferred location for the LPG cylinder. We will then also discuss the location of your Filler and LPG change over switch. In most cases the filler can be located within the original petrol filler compartment.
Once the above items are discussed your vehicle can be converted. Our trained technicians will Install all of the components, conduct a safety check and then perform a performance and operation check. This is all usually complete within the one to two days which will be negotiated prior to installation.
When you return to pick up the vehicle, our trained technicians will guide you through the features of your new system and how to operate it.
Before you leave our workshop, our technicians will also discuss your LPG system servicing requirements. This is much the same as any vehicle servicing and can in fact be done at the same time. You will have a service reminder on your windscreen as you are already used to for your petrol system.
We will provide you with a form to pass to Medicare. This form will entitle you to a government rebate for your LPG system. Once passed to Medicare, they will process your application and payment is made directly into your nominated account.
Rob’s Automotive is an accredited installer that offers a range of servicing options for LPG systems. Servicing your LPG system is vital to maintaining its performance and durability. As with any fuel system (including petrol), your LPG system requires regular services. We recommend that your vehicle as well as LPG system be serviced every 20,000km or 12 months (which ever comes first) to ensure that your vehicles safety and performance is maximized and that your warranty remains valid.
Some of the services we can offer are;
- Electronic scope test of all ignition components where applicable.
- Replace spark plugs and air filter if required.
- Clean and service throttle body/carburettor throat.
- Leak test entire LPG system.
- Check and set ignition were applicable
- Chassis dyno testing and calibration if required
- Test LPG processor operation and control of power and economy modes.
- Road test and check drivability on both fuels.